Our intention is to improve your experience with cookies in the following ways:
- The way you use the website is monitored so that the site can work better for you; you will find what you are looking for easily and the site will respond to your usage needs.
2. What cookies do we use and how?
2.1 Measuring site visits
We use Google Analytics to obtain information as to how visitors use our site. We collect data to make sure that the site responds to the needs of users (for example, users find what they are looking for easily), and to understand what areas we can improve.
Google Analytics saves information on which pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you came to the site, and what links you click on.
Google Analytics uses the following cookies: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmx
Our site has a Facebook pixel that lets Facebook identify you, for example, when you comment on a post.
The Smartsapp cookie enables chat conversation between customer service and a customer.
2.2 Email and popup windows
- help to identify you on our site so that you will not be shown pop-ups, for example
- understand what the most interesting items on our web site are for you, so we can send you custom content tailored just for you by email
3. How to manage cookies in your browser
Browser Settings: Most browsers have access to a setting that prevents your computer from accepting cookies. In this case, some of the functionality of this site (and other sites) may not work properly, which may adversely affect your experience of the site.
The setting is likely to be found in the browser’s advanced setup menu (for example, under “Options” or “Preferences”). You can find instructions by following the following links:
Blocking anonymous Google Analytics cookies: You can install a plugin for Google Analytics that prevents the website from sending information about your site visit to Google Analytics. You can download the extensions here:
Other useful links
If you’d like to know more about cookies we recommend, for example, this site: